Chapters lets you create and manage multiple notebooks, each fully searchable and with its own settings.
Keep a travel journal, a photo log, a notebook about ongoing work projects, and your own personal diary in one app.
Manage writing projects. Create as many notebooks as you want and fill each with as much as you need to write. Choose a color theme, font, text color, and page color for each notebook.
Focused writing. Multiple photos per entry that you can move, resize, rotate - your words flow around them. Reliable storage, autosave, and passcode lock protect your words; share or read them on your computer with PDF, text, and email export. You can also create backups and save them to other apps such as Dropbox, Drive, and Evernote.
Add a passcode to lock the app and keep your writing private.
Enable word count to see how much youve written. You can also enable the extra keyboard buttons to jump forward and backward by word or character with a single tap, saving you time so you can focus on writing.
Work while using other apps with support for Slide Over and Split View multitasking on iPad.
Not interested in managing multiple notebooks? Have a look at Chronicle, an app that focuses on keeping a single personal journal. Chapters can import .backup files from Chronicle (as well as the .cbackup files from the older Chronicle2 app)
* Create as many notebooks as you need to group related writing
* Notebook themes (Classic color and 7 new colors)
* Put photos where you want. The text wraps around them.
* No limit to the number of photos you can put on the page
* Pick a font and font size just like you do in iBooks
* Customize the text color of your journal
* Easy back-dating; tap to adjust the entry date as needed
* Resize and rotate photos. Tap for a fullscreen, zoomable version.
* Customize your journals page color
* Crisp PDF export preserves layout and photo placement
* Export your entire journal as a plain text file
* Fast search that provides context around keywords
* Distraction free writing in portrait or landscape mode
* Support for Dynamic Type means text is never too small to read
* Extended keyboard makes it easy to insert timestamps into your writing
* Turn word count on to see a total as you type
* Optimized scrolling; scroll back a whole year in a few seconds
* Set a password to protect your journal entries
* Export single entries via email, with photos embedded
* Chapters remembers where you were in each notebook
* Arrange your photos by dragging them; rotate with two fingers
* Autosave and undo while youre writing
Please note that drawing/handwriting arent supported.
Stop squinting. In addition to being able to adjust the journals font size, you can change the systems Text Size from the Settings app to make the UI text in Chapters easy to read. Ive also added accessibility and VoiceOver improvements.
Contact me at slidetorock.com with questions / suggestions.